- 1When should I take COLD-FX to stave off cold and flu symptoms?
You don’t have time to be sick! COLD-FX, COLD-FX EXTRA and the new COLD-FX Chewable should be taken twice daily for the entire cold and flu season to help reduce the frequency, severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms by boosting the immune system. As per the known cliché, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Always be sure to read and follow the label to ensure these products are right for you.
- 2I’m already sick! Is it too late to take COLD-FX?
Scratchy throat? Sniffles or runny nose? Slight body aches? Low-grade fever? You don’t have time to be sidelined and couched. Take COLD-FX First Signs as soon as you feel the on-set of cold and flu symptoms to help shorten the duration and relieve the symptoms of upper respiratory tract infections, such as sore throat, fever, cough, headache, runny nose and fatigue.Always be sure to read and follow the label to ensure this product is right for you.
You can continue taking COLD-FX® daily throughout the Cold and Flu Season to help reduce the frequency, severity and duration of cold & flu symptoms by boosting the immune system.
- 3What is COLD-FX?COLD-FX is extracted from the roots of North American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius). Each capsule/chewable tablet of COLD-FX®contains 200 mg (NPN 80002849, NPN80069106) or 300 mg (NPN 80015586) of CVT-E002® , an extract of polysaccharides that has been shown in laboratory and clinical studies to have the immune modulating effect.
- 4What is the difference between COLD-FX and COLD-FX Extra?COLD-FX® comes in a smaller capsule and chewable tablet, at a dosage of 200 mg. COLD-FX® is to be used by adults as daily and year-round protection against cold and flu symptoms, at a dosage of 1 to 2 capsules/chewable tablets twice daily. COLD-FX® Extra is formulated to provide a higher dosage of 300 mg, at a dosage of 1 capsule twice daily. Both options are offered to allow you to choose the COLD-FX® product that best suits your needs
- 5WHAT IS CHEMBIOPRINT?ChemBioPrint® stands for Chem ical Bio logical Finger Print ing, proprietary standardization technology used to ensure the quality of all ChemBioPrint ® products. In the case of COLD-FX®, chem ical finger print ing confirms the chemical identity of the medicinal ingredient in COLD-FX®. Bio logical finger print ing confirms the biological activity of CVT-E002 through a laboratory test protocol as a result, Valeant Canada’s COLD-FX® undergoes vigorous testing to ensure that every batch has consistent chemical identity and biological activity.
- 6What is COLD-FX intended for?COLD-FX is your daily defense against colds and flu symptoms. It has been approved to help reduce the frequency, severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms by boosting the immune system
- 7HOW DOES COLD-FX work?A number of studies, including both laboratory experiments and clinical trials, have shown that COLD-FX®has an immune modulating effect which helps reduce the frequency, severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms.
- 8How is COLD-FX different from other ginseng products?
Most ginseng products on the market are comprised of Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng). However, COLD-FX® is derived from and is a highly purified extract from North American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius), which has a distinct chemical and biological profile.
- 9Have clinical trials been conducted to support its efficacy and safety?
To date, over six clinical trials have been carried out on COLD-FX®. COLD-FX® has been found to be highly effective in reducing the frequency, severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms. It was also found to be safe and well tolerated for use for the duration of the cold and flu season.
- 10What is the recommended dosage of Cold-Fx?
COLD-FX (200 mg) has been shown to be effective in reducing the frequency, severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms by boosting the immune system in adults
COLD-FX Capsule and COLD-FX Chewable (NPN 80002849, NPN 80069106)
Children 12 years of age and older: Take 1 capsule 2 times daily. Adults: Take 1-2 capsules 2 times daily, up to 9 capsules per day.
COLD-FX Extra (NPN 80015586)
Children 12 years of age and older: Take 1 capsule 2 times daily. Adults: Take 1 capsule 2 times daily, up to 6 capsules per day.
COLD-FX First Signs Capsule (NPN 80052846)
Adults: Days 1 to 3: Take 2 capsules 3 times (total 6 capsules daily). Days 4 & 5: Take 1 capsule 3 times (total 3 capsules daily).
- 11Are there any side effects associated with COLD-FX?
Several laboratory and clinical trials have revealed COLD-FX®’s strong safety profile. Known and defined side effects were not found to be associated with COLD-FX® recommended daily intake in clinical trials with healthy adults and seniors, however, to be safe, individuals with serious medical conditions or taking prescription medications should always consult a healthcare practitioner prior to taking COLD-FX®.
- 12Are there any cautions against taking COLD-FX?
Individuals requiring anti-coagulant therapy such as warfarin should avoid use of COLD-FX
Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding
Not recommended for individuals with impaired liver or renal function
Individuals with known allergies to ginseng should avoid use of COLD-FX
Do not exceed the recommended daily dose
- 13Does COLD-FX interact with other drugs such as NSAIDs, antibiotics, lipid-lowering medications, oral contraceptives, blood pressure medications, antidepressants, beta blockers and Synthroid?
Be sure to consult a healthcare practitioner prior to using COLD-FX® if you have any serious medical conditions or are taking prescription medications.
- 14Is COLD-FX safe for people with autoimmune disorders (e.g., leukemia, lupus, multiple sclerosis)?
COLD-FX® was found to be well tolerated in a study of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia
However, patients with other autoimmune disorders such as lupus and multiple sclerosis were not specifically studied in COLD-FX controlled clinical trials. Therefore, we recommend consulting a healthcare practitioner before taking COLD-FX if you have any autoimmune conditions.
High KP, Case D, Hurd D et al . A randomized, controlled trial of Panax quinquefolius extract (CVT-E002) to reduce respiratory infection in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. J Support Oncol 2012;10:195-201.
- 15Is COLD-FX safe for people with diabetes?
COLD-FX® has been demonstrated to be safe and effective in healthy individuals. COLD-FX® is comprised of highly purified polysaccharides, we recommend consulting a healthcare practitioner and monitoring your general health and glucose levels when taking COLD-FX®. Please speak to a healthcare practitioner prior to use to ensure COLD-FX® is suitable for your specific situation.
- 16Is COLD-FX safe for people with high blood pressure (hypertension)?
COLD-FX® has been demonstrated to be safe and effective in healthy individuals. Clinical trials and post-market surveillance have shown that COLD-FX® has a strong safety profile for consumers taking COLD-FX®. However, to ensure that COLD-FX® is safe to consume in your specific situation, we recommend consulting a healthcare practitioner and monitoring your general health and blood pressure when taking COLD-FX®. Please speak to a healthcare practitioner prior to use to ensure COLD-FX® is suitable for your specific situation.
- 17Can I take COLD-FX if I am pregnant or nursing?
Clinical trials have not been specifically designed to include pregnant and nursing women in our COLD-FX® research. Therefore, we do not recommend the use of COLD-FX® if you are pregnant or nursing. Prior to use, please speak to a healthcare practitioner to ensure COLD-FX® is suitable for you.
- 18Is COLD-FX recommended for children under the age of 12?
Studies have not been conducted to assess the efficacy of COLD-FX® among children under the age of 12. Therefore, we do not recommend the use of this product for children in this age group.